We have a Starbucks right in the hospital. You can swipe your badge and it automatically payroll deducts. Isn't that so convenient it's scary? I've only gone there once, and am not sure how to get back there. (The hospital covers an entire city block, and I don't have time for much wandering.)
The reasons I haven't been back are multiple
1. I can see this seriously cutting into my paycheck at $4 a cup.
2. The group from my unit that I went with finds my paying with cash tiresome. You know the commercial where the world goes into chaos because someone paid with cash? You would think this happened when I pulled out my $5 to pay. They don't get my whole "I have a budget with x amount of cash that can go towards nonsense. If I payroll deduct, I lose track, blow my budget, and then I can no longer lecture Studmuffin for losing track of where he spent what money and what it was for." I need my righteous indignation. This annoys them because it takes 30 seconds longer for the cashier to make change for me. That takes care of me taking coffee breaks with them.
3. Nobody should EVER pay for coffee at a hospital. There is always a pot of coffee to be found somewhere.
4. My requirements for coffee are simple: no oily sludge on top? I'll drink it!
5. Did I mention it's $4 a cup?
6. I don't have any more reasons, but I feel 5 is not enough, so I will add the #6 just to make it seem more important.
So, you can see I don't have any driving need for Starbucks. AND, I've heard (you may need to snopes this, 'cause I'm too lazy to verify facts here) they put more caffeine in their coffee. That's why they have such faithful customers. They literally get addicted to Starbucks.
But, I DO LOVE LOVE LOVE COFFEE!!!
I love the smell. I love the taste. I love holding it in my hands and feeling the warm mug. I love the ritual of drinking coffee. I love everything about it. I like it hot, black and strong. I like it with creamer. I like it flavored. I like it any way, any time, any place.
I LOVE COFFEE!
So, the nurse in me feels driven to educate you. I am going to educate you on a very important subject today. Aren't you just dying to know what that is?
It's my super secret recipe that I'm now going to reveal to you, my devoted followers in bloggerland. I can feel your anticipation building.
How to Make a Redneck Tall Mocha Cappuccino
Now, wasn't that fun? And cheaper too! Enjoy!