Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cook this Chicken

The girls had some friends over to play last night. I wasn't sure what to feed them. I know they like pizza, but they get that every Sunday after church. I know their mom is a vegetarian, so I wasn't sure if they ate hamburger. I decided to cook what I had originally planned, partly because we are getting towards the end of the month, and I'm running out of money. I didn't plan well for my first month on the cash system. But we'll talk about that later.

Right now I'm going to tell you about a fabulous chicken recipe. The kids all ate seconds. It is so gratifying to fix something that kids love. Of course they love the typical junk food, but it's not so often that I cook a new recipe that they fall all over themselves eating it. So, it is with great pleasure that I share this recipe with you. Of course I didn't take pictures. If I'd been thinking I could have taken a picture of the empty plates for you!

Grilled Sesame Chicken

1 c olive or vegetable oil
1 c white grape juice
1 c soy sauce
1 c chopped green onions
1/3 c sesame seeds, toasted
2 T ground mustard
1.5 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp pepper
8 garlic cloves, minced
12 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Combine first 9 ingredients in large ziplock bag. Remove 1/2 c of mix and set aside for basting. Refrigerate. Add chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 6-8 hours.

Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat. Cook until meat juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade as needed.

I realize this makes a lot of chicken. That's what makes this recipe so great. We are going to the lake today. We will be too tired to cook supper when we get home tonight, so I will use the leftovers for chicken quesadillas. Then, later this week I will use the last few breasts to make some poppy seed chicken. I'll have to share that recipe with you another time.

I've gotta keep you coming back for more, right?

No comments: