Monday, August 24, 2009

Here's that Poppy Seed Chicken recipe I promised.

Warning: This recipe is NOT low fat or low cholesterol. That's probably why it's so good! I first ate this after Bookworm was born. We lived in Arlington at the time. God blessed us with the most amazing group of friends. Most of them were from out of state, just like we were, and we were all having babies at the same time. Whenever one of us "dropped a kid," (in the eloquent words of Studmuffin) we would all sign up to provide meals. I had 2 solid weeks of meals delivered after each child. It was wonderful. What I wouldn't give to have someone decide to just bless me with a ready made meal now! Anyway, my friend Lisa prepared this for me, and it is a staple recipe when I'm not in a period of trying to lose weight or lower Studmuffin's cholesterol. Okay, so maybe it's not a staple recipe in our house, but every time I rediscover it, I'm in heaven!

Poppy Seed Chicken

3 cut up cooked chicken breasts
8 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 T poppy seeds
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1/2 stick butter, melted

Place chicken in 9x9 pan. Combine sour cream, soup, and poppy seeds, then pour mixture over chicken. Crumble Ritz over the top and drizzle the butter over that. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

During the summer I've cooked this in the microwave and it was good that way too. Also, a great add in idea to stretch it a little farther is to place cooked rice in the bottom of the pan. Or some frozen vegetables, and then it's a little like chicken pot pie... As you can see, I've tried this many different ways, and it's always good.

Talk about easy! And delicious! The only problem is, there's never enough leftovers! Trust me! You're gonna love it! And apparently I feel that this recipe calls for lots of exclamation points!!!!

No comments: