Monday, January 17, 2011

The Best Meal is the One You Didn't Cook!

Bookworm cooked Mexican Casserole for dinner tonight. She was so proud.

And she ate 3 helpings.

Just to be sure I understood how much she truly loves Mexican Casserole and how deprived she is that I don't prepare it more often. I'm now off the hook.

Guess what? I don't think any Mexicans eat Mexican Casserole. My sister Paula changed the name to green chili casserole. I'm just not politically correct that way.

Do you want the recipe?

Here ya go:

1 lb hamburger, browned.
cream of chicken
cream of mushroom
tomato sauce
green chilies

Combine all of the above, or substitute the last 2 ingredients with tomatoes with green chilies. Pour over a casserole dish lined with crushed corn chips or tortillas. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Bake at 350 until it bubbles. Let set about 10 minutes to set up.

Serve with corn, a tossed salad and salsa for garnish. My kids like to scoop the casserole onto chips.


Umm...Of course there is no picture. Why would I have a picture?

I actually ate lunch today, so I was able to come home and do a 30 Day Shred workout then eat some supper. Did I mention my lunch was at 2:45? I wasn't too hungry come supper time! Of course I ate. Hate to disappoint the little chef!

I am such a giver...

2 comments:

Megan said...

This is great! I actually have all the ingredients for this, which almost never happens. Making it for dinner tomorrow night...thanks for sharing!

Freckled Hen said...

yes, thanks for sharing this...sounds like something we would like.