Wednesday, November 9, 2011

An award

I popped on over to Lost in the Prairies today, and was surprised to see myself listed as an award winner!  I guess she was making sure that only those who really want the award will find they have it!!

Anyway, I like the award posts, as I always find out something new about the blogger...And that is what blogging is all about, right?  Eavesdropping on the lives of people you may never meet otherwise?

But maybe that' just me...

So the award comes with rules.  Of course.  So I guess to accept this award, I must actually follow the rules.  I hate rules, but am annoyed when people don't follow rules that I think are important, so there ya go.

However, before I follow the rules of listing seven things about myself, I must say that I realized why Michelle has posts titled "caffeinated randomness" after reading the seven things about her...

Do I even have seven things you don't already know about me?  Since I tend to throw my thoughts up all over the internet and all over everyone that comes in contact with me, I'm not sure...

1.  I actually posted a Dennis the Menace cartoon up on our fridge at work...I crossed out Margaret's name so it reads "Oh no.  Here comes Andi and I bet she hasn't used all of her words for today."  When I saw it in the paper on the break room table, I figured I better strike before somebody else did and I got my feelings hurt...Because I'm so sensitive and all...Of course one of our doctor's was upset for me.  He thought someone was being unkind.  So that was sweet.

2.  I am an early Christmas shopper.  As a matter of fact, I've already started shopping, and have a gift made for my family's homemade gift exchange...My goal is to have all of my shopping done by Thanksgiving.  But that is mostly because after Thanksgiving I'm stressing over all of the homemade gifts I've assigned myself to make...

And I'm a noncrafter.  So why I feel compelled to torture myself year after year is a mystery...



Except that I'm tight.  So I guess it's no big mystery after all.

3.  Apparently at times I'm slightly moody and irrational...At least that is the determination I made based on the reading of this post that I stumbled across while looking for the above picture I knew I'd posted once before.  You can go read about it here and pity my husband...

4.  I have actually had arguments with my dentist...Because going to the dentist is obviously controversial.  He had the audacity about 6 months ago to point out that I clench my teeth, and that is the cause of my sensitivity...I told him I do NOT grit my teeth...And cursed him the next day when I caught myself clenching when I was stressed...Am I the only one who has ever argued with a dentist?

5.  I've come a long way with my fear of spiders...So far that this beauty is living in my house.  I don't know why she's living.  My husband caught her in a jar last Wednesday, so we could see if her abdomen had an hourglass...  She is still alive despite being trapped in a jar for several days.  Apparently spiders don't use up much oxygen...My husband has become fascinated by her.  I'm just horrified that she's in my house.


6.  I am perhaps not the best of mothers...My oldest has been having problems with a boy at school.  I officially declared him a "jerk" and not worthy of the distress he causes her...I'm not really sure telling your child that a kid's a "jerk" and "he's picking on you because he's playing the flute, and 6th grade boys don't play the flute, so he's getting picked on and your an easy target to vent his frustrations on," is the proper mother thing to do.  She is completely oblivious if this (teasing) is going on.  She claims nobody but the woodwinds know he plays flute because his sister takes it to school for him...I told her "Trust me. People know...And it's happening."  Which is perhaps not one of my finest parenting moments.

But let's be real.  We all KNOW that it's the way life is.

7.   There is a mysterious dead animal odor in my garage.  I can't find the source.  I've taken to parking outside in the ELEMENTS to avoid having a stinky car...And to avoid entering the garage.  One of our kittens went missing two weeks ago, and I have looked all over for the source of smell.  Surely I'd be able to find a CAT in the garage if it was decomposing.  I think it's just a rat or mouse that one of the cats killed, then failed to eat...However since I can't find the decomposing carcass, I really have no idea.  Could we all just please pray that it's not a cat?  I really don't think my delicate constitution can handle that...

Now, apparently I'm to pass this award on to fifteen other bloggers...Fifteen is clearly a ridiculously large number...However I do know some brilliant bloggers who are struggling for blog material lately...Or they have lives outside of their blog which PERHAPS makes finding time to post all of their fascinating thoughts difficult...So, in typical "I think rules are stupid" fashion, I will award a whopping four bloggers.  Three happen to be related to me, and the fourth actually seems to live a life destined to be blog worthy, so I shall link up with her in an effort to show the world how hilarious she truly is.  So, without further rambling, I nominate:

1.  Dawn at It Just Dawned on Me
2. Paula at La La Land
3. Marilyn (that's my mom!) over at the Sand Creek Ranch
4. Megan at Best of Fates

Oh Wait!  I just thought of two more!  Go meet these two sisters from Australia!  They are worth the trip!

5.  Crazy Sister
6.  Givinya de Elba

Happy reading!

6 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Congratulations on your award!
You have a black widow in a jar!?!?
I'd have to move out.

Marilyn said...

So.... What was the award?

Unknown said...

Have you checked the attic for the decomposing body??

Andi said...

Silly me! I forgot to put the button on for the award...It was the "Versatile Blogger" award.

rental mobil jakarta said...

Nice article, thanks for sharing.

KiteFlyer said...

Great post! Life around your house sure seems like a blast.

But I will say, I'm glad I don't have an aunt that visits monthly keeps me from watching TV. 8^)