Saturday, December 3, 2011

I'm Feeling Chatty, But I'm Home Alone...

So, I decided to open a post and share my super important thoughts with you!  Brent and the girls are Christmas shopping, and I dare not disrupt that.

It is raining.  Chesney is really good about ringing the chimes to go out now.  However rain and golden retriever equals one stinky dog.  I am tempted to take away her water so we won't have to go outside to potty...

The girls scratched up my Santa Baby cd.  I have resorted to Clay Aiken's Christmas album which is really old, and makes me understand why some people hate Christmas music.  He is just so Broadway...And I love Broadway.  But not Broadway Christmas music...I prefer jazzy versions.

My Grandmama Dolly chair is in my normal Christmas tree spot.  Not sure where to move it.  Or where an alternate place for the tree is.  I have too much furniture.  Please don't offer any more pieces to me, as I'm terrible at saying "no" and am usually quite convinced I NEED whatever is being offered...

Unless you're offering new couches...that I get to pick out.  Mine were worn out a few years ago...Now they are disintegrating at an alarming pace.  I've taken to sitting on a pillow when I sit on them as they sink so far in.  Is that an embarrassing thing to admit?  I already have blankets tucked under the cushions in an effort to fluff them...I just don't understand.  They are Lazy Boy.  I bought them in 1997.  Surely that is practically brand new in Lazy Boy standards???

I moved Chesney's old crate to the garage, to be toted up to the attic by Studmuffin when he takes up the empty Christmas boxes, and now full fall decoration boxes.  This was a significant decision as Freckles had taken over Chesney's crate.  We were leaving it there, as we figured she was going to have her kittens in there.  So, just to be clear we had a dog bed for Kelsey, a small crate for Freckles and a large crate (big enough to last until she's full grown) for Chesney all in my living room...

Freckles went missing some time after lunch on Tuesday.  We have not seen her since she went outside.  It was too early for kittens, so I know she hasn't gone off to have them.  And she is the neediest cat I ever met, in that she constantly wants petted and talked to.

So, she's truly gone.  We are all super sad.  I hope the crate being gone doesn't start a fresh wave of tears from Popcorn.

Who, by the way is now asking Santa for a kitten for Christmas.  Good grief.  Maybe the erected tree will distract her from the missing crate...

 Even the tiniest piece of shell in a big snack bowl full of candied pecans is enough of a dirt taste to make the entire bowl, including those you already ate, completely unappetizing.

And I'm officially having a "we have too much furniture in this house" fit...And most of it was handed down to me, so I feel as if I'm stuck with it for the rest of my life...

Of course, the problem is that we moved to a house that is minus an office and family room...And we have only parted with one sofa and one recliner.  So, just in case you don't grasp what I'm saying, I've crammed three rooms worth of furniture into one room.  Yes, my living room is a good size.  But let's be real here:  It isn't THAT big!

I've been in this house three and a half years...Which is nearly at our maximum for one home.  Consequently I'm feeling the itch to paint or get all new furniture, or possibly move...

Only one thing is very clear:

Drastic measures are about to be taken, Gentle Reader.  You want a little sneak peak don't ya?

Here you go:



Drastic.  So stay tuned.

4 comments:

Paula said...

please refrain from mentioning small living rooms. You have a LARGE living room. You are welcome to come to my house and try to figure out space for a tree. It is a challenge that I have had for 11 Christmas's. I suggested putting the tree inthe dining room and THE Man informed me that my suggestion was very hurtful....yes he used those words. Let me know when you are up for a Christmas decorating visit. :-D LOVE YA

Andi said...

I don't think my living room is small...But it had three rooms of furniture crammed into one! So, it is not as big as three rooms! I think the tree in the dining room is a fine idea...That's where we had ours in La Vernia!

Zosia said...

Hi Andi, thank you for stopping by at Polonica: Home Again. Good luck with your living room changes. I think it's alway exciting when you can re-decorate. Good luck with the project!

KiteFlyer said...

Wow. That's a good-sized room. The only change I can see making is to trade the TV for a larger one mounted above the mantle. 8^)

(You're welcome.)