Saturday, February 11, 2012

As I'm Posting Cowgirl Stories...

I've been reminiscing a lot about my years growing up on the farm.  And most of my happy thoughts involve the horse.  And cattle.  Heck!  I even liked building fence, even though it drove me crazy that Dad could drive four steeples to my one...

Apparently, Brent is dreaming of his childhood too.  My husband keeps leaving links such as these up on my homepage...

http://www.machinefinder.com/ww/en-US/machine/1753925

And this:

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/3/5/1357-versatile-950.html

Look it even has two seats!


That would have been much comfier to sit in when we were dating! 

?

You didn't ride the tractor with your boyfriend? 

I'm sorry.  You really missed out.

Oh, and he seems to think he needs one with these track thingies on it...Apparently it doesn't pack the soil as firm.



I'm not sure where the man is going to get the green to buy himself a big ole John Deere tractor.

But he sure is wishin'.

And I'm seeing my visions of "stay at home trophy wife" be slowly overtaken by "wife who drives the tractor on her day off."

Which I fear is his vision of a trophy wife.

I think we need to lay out some concrete definitions.

What have you been wishing for this Valentine's Day?

Oh, and that picture makes me think of this song I love called "The Farmer's Daughter."  I asked Brent if it made him think of us...



"Why would that song make me think of us?  I never worked for your dad.  And you didn't have hogs.  And you never went to Panama, much less had a tan."

Me:  Ugh. You have no romance in your soul!

Brent:  No, babe.  Our song is "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

Me:  That makes absolutely no sense!  You HATE Kenny Chesney!

Brent:  Well, you did think my tractor was sexy!

Me:  Um, noooo.  I thought your 1992 Chevy stepside pickup was hot.

Brent:  Huh.  How about "John Deere Green?"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6AwQPW6myWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>iframe>


Me:  Okay.  I'll go with that.

1 comment:

KiteFlyer said...

Dang!! It's no wonder more and more people can't afford to farm these days!! That first one is worth more than my house and both vehicles combined!