Friday, October 31, 2008

Cook These Muffins

Well, it's Halloween, time, and you know what that means...class parties. I thought I'd take the easy route and bring the apples for the caramel apples. Bless my little monster's hearts, they volunteered me to bring other goodies. Woopee! So, this morning I ran to Walmart to buy the supplies for Bookworm's popcorn balls and Popcorn's cupcakes. Now, normally I make a ton of popcorn balls anyway, because we used to have a big party before terrorizing our neighborhood in Texas, but here, my neighborhood's too small to terrorize, most of the people are older, and I just can't have their heart attacks on my conscience. So, we're terrorizing a friend's neighborhood with their kids. Hey, if someone can't handle the terror, at least I don't have to look that person in the eye every day.

But, back to my original point. I decided to make pumpkin muffins for Popcorn's class. My kids love those things. I frosted them with canned frosting that I bought, added green food coloring to and whipped so it would go further. Don't be suckered into buying the "fluffy" or "whipped" frosting. It actually has 4 ounces less of frosting and they charge you the same. Whip it yourself, and your can goes further....and you've stuck it to the man. I need to stick it to the man sometimes. I guess I'm more my father's daughter than I thought!

Here's the recipe for pumpkin muffins. They are delicious, moist and nutritious. Can't beat that! So, here's the recipe. Try it! I promise you'll love it, and you're family will too.

Pumpkin Muffins
1 package yellow cake mix with pudding in it
1/2 c water
1 can pumpkin (1.5 c of fresh pumpkin that you made after Pioneer Woman inspired you)
Pumpkin pie spice to taste

Mix the above, place in muffin cups and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Now, how easy was that?

I frosted them with green frosting and stuck a pretzel stick in them to look like a stem. I was originally going to frost them orange and pipe green leaves on them, then use the pretzel, but thankfully I was out of red frosting, so I was unable to make orange. This made my life much simpler today. This makes 18 muffins. I had to make an extra batch because Popcorn has 20 in her class, and I didn't plan well. So, now we get to snack on extra muffins for a few days! By the way, I made 46 popcorn balls... Do you think that's enough for 19 kids?

Oh, and one last thing, then I promise I'll stop rambling....Did you know that if you throw an entire laundry basket full of jackets in the washer after camping, and your digital camera happens to be in the pocket of YOUR jacket (this means you can blame noone but yourself...dangit, I love to blame anyone but myself), it will not survive? However, by the sheer grace of God your memory card will survive! So, dear reader, I don't have pictures of my hard work, because I have no camera. When Studmuffin is home I can use his work camera, but alas, he's at work. I know you're sad for me...I can just feel these things. Hey, if you're not keep it to yourself. I need my delusions.

Philippians 2:14-16
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

No comments: