Thursday, January 1, 2009

PANIC

That's what I'm going to do.

Popcorn had a birthday December 30. We planned to have her party this Saturday. So far, only one girl can come. There are only 6 other girls in her class, so I invited them all.....No RSVPs. Of course! So, I started making calls. Two numbers are incorrect. One is going out of town. I left a message on one machine. Another girl's parents don't speak English. I spoke to her big sister (in 5th grade) and she promised to talk to her parents about it, and call me back. I'm not holding my breath with that one.

So, what to do now? I left a message with a friend who has kids one year older and one year younger. Maybe she'll pan out. Mindy's best friend from church is in Arkansas. I think there's one other little girl in her Sunday School class I could maybe invite. I hate to sound last minute, but seriously...how sad to have no one come to her party!

I have it all planned out too. It's going to be a tea party...dress up and everything. The cake will be baked in a mixing dish, then placed round side up. I'll use a cupcake for a lid. Or maybe a cookie....The handle and spout will be a donut cut in half and held in place with toothpicks. I plan to make little cupcakes and serve them in tea cups. I make no promises there. The girls both have basketball games on Saturday too. It should be busy to say the least. Heck, maybe I should skip the cake and just serve cupcakes in tea cups.

This always happens with her party. It's always hurry scurry to get it together! And it's always a challenge to find people who can come. Oh well, I'm through griping now. It will work out, and it won't be the end of the world either way.

I have to work tomorrow, and my bathrooms are a pit...So, I'm off to scrub. All of my Christmas decorations are still up. I have a lot to get done by Saturday. And, I just want to go take a bath and read a book....

Oh, speaking of books, I just finished Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. Loved it! I had no desire to read it, but my niece Sarah convinced me to give them a try. I like adventure novels, trashy romances, and children's books. Honestly, I read most of Bookworm's books. Well, not the fairy books. But I love Beverly Cleary... and Judy Blume...and, well everything but the fairy books. They're too boring. But I"m telling you....the Twilight books are GREAT! Go get them at your library today! Well, I seriously gotta go! I'll ramble at ya later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you could have a tradition of Popcorn's birthday party in January? I love the big teapot idea--that's cute!

Becky said...

Oops I guess I should have read this post first. :-p No need for instructions now.

My oldests birthday is dec 21. We usually celebrate it at the end of Nov right after Thanksgiving. I hope more girls pull through and are able to make it.

Anonymous said...

You are soooo Clever, But then how could you not be. Loved the cake and I wish that I could be there. M