Monday, April 27, 2009

Business in the front, party in the back

I was on my way to get the girls at school today, when I saw a sight to see. I was behind a pickup with an extended cab. I saw a baby seat in the back, and I could see the arm from the passenger seat stretched behind, probably holding a paci in place. It gave me a sweet time of reminiscing. And a moment of gratitude that I wasn't the one contorting to keep that plug in.



At first, I thought it was a woman with frizzy permed blond hair that had, unfortunately, decidedly to pick out her curls. Then, I realized this was a man. A man with a mullet. Nothing quite says "redneck" like a mullet. Remember Billy Ray Cyrus' mullet? He clung to it until his daughter hit the big time with a show on Disney. His hair is only slightly less ridiculous now. Just my opinion, but of course this is my blog, so I get to spew my opinions all over the place. I love spewing opinions...




You've gotta love the mullet. I think the mullet possibly stamps your personality almost as much as a mohawk. Neither style could ever be considered "stylish" at this point. But neither hairstyle seems to die. They just keep showing up. I've been surprised by the number of rednecks sporting mohawks in my little town. Yes, rednecks. They have placed their own stamp on the mohawk, with the sides slightly longer, and the top not sticking completely straight up. But it's still undeniably a mohawk.



Now, the versatility of the mullet has more appeal for me. Business in the front, party in the back. It shows both your business and rebel side with one simple cut. What's not to love about that? Of course, the only way to improve your mullet is to make sure you have a nice perm in the back. I guess the perm allows you to show your softer side. So maybe it's business in the front, party loving poet in the back.

Ummm, no, the post had nothing to do with the photos. But, I harvested some mesclun today, and it was so pretty, I wanted to share it with you. It's hard to believe the lettuce you buy in the store is ever as truly dirty as mine starts out...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

and you wanted to show off your beautiful backsplash!

Sarah Kamolz said...

hahaha! that was so great! and I'm loving the mesclun! I was craving mesclun today... strange huh?

Anonymous said...

Amazing backspash!