Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oops!


I'm sure this will astound all of you...

But I very seldom back down from a challenge, and that has led me into a few pickles.

Tonight the girls had piano lessons. We do lessons at our church, and my dear friend Roni's daughter has lessons just before my kids. Consequently, I try to arrive a few minutes early so we can chat. Not that we don't get to chat it up on Wednesday morning when we help our music pastor get ready for rehearsals and file music for him...Unfortunately, he is constantly asking us to do "stuff" and it totally interferes with our social time. Of course, we have worked out a small solution in the form of lunch out after we're done!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...Popcorn was doing cartwheels. Endless cartwheels. In fact, she was so wound up, that I said she had to cartwheel all the way to the choir room, in the hopes that she would burn off some of that pent up energy from sitting at a desk all day. Watching her cartwheel led to a discussion of which hand you lead with to cartwheel, and which arm takes the most weight, etc.

Well, I'm not sure how it came about, but Roni had the sheer nerve to suggest that I couldn't do a cartwheel. Can you believe that? I stated that I most certainly can do a cartwheel, to which my beloved friend Roni replied, "But you can't do it in here!" Oh, Dear Reader, she may as well have waved a red flag at a charging bull...

I promptly did the most beautiful cartwheel a 33 year old mother of two can pull off.... Unfortunately, as soon as I had my legs in a perfect arc above my head I heard an ominous sound...

Dear Reader, did you know that polyester scrubs do not give? This is of particular concern when your scrubs are too long in the crotch, and it hangs about halfway down your thighs. Why on earth I thought that my pants would let me do a cartwheel with my legs spread wide I have no idea. Forget that. I wasn't thinking about my pants. I was thinking about thumbing my nose at my friend who dared to say I couldn't do a cartwheel.

However, I think she ended up thumbing her nose at me since I couldn't do anything but hold my fly together when I was done. Luckily I had several safety pins in my purse in case of emergency. Let me tell you, this was an emergency!


Can you believe the length of that rip?

You know it reminded me of a story....

But, I will post that story tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had something to blog about finally?????

Roni said...

I'm so glad I helped you with your "writer's block"! LOL! You are a hoot, girl!! And yes, that was a GREAT cartwheel!