Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blank

You see, I have nothing to say...

Okay, I have lots to say....

Like the time we nearly sunk our boat...

Or what about the time I told Studmuffin to report me to child protective services because I was an unfit mother?

What about my convictions regarding Halloween and Christianity? That one is not what some of you may expect. Hint: the girls and I were all witches.

Or perhaps I could finally do that post about how to make a perfect egg sandwich. I've only had the pictures for months now....

But, you see the problem is, when I'm sitting down to tell these stories, they're just not flowing...

Who knew I ever had trouble making stories flow?

Anyhoo, please don't give up on me...

I still have lots of great stories for you, I just can't seem to make myself crank them out. Oh! And can you believe I have only turned on my computer twice in the last 2 weeks? Shocking!

Also, I'm battling that sense of overwhelmed lately... I think it's related to the upcoming holidays. The problem is, when I think of cutting things back, I can't let go of any of it. My mom recently asked me if I ever have an entire day at home....Uh, no!

"And do you have a choice about that?"

"No," was my immediate reply.

"You don't?" she asked me.

"Okay! So, I have a choice." And I left for Bible study annoyed at my mother and her voice of reason.... I hate voices of reason.

Consequently, I've had this little voice nagging in my head, "Do I have too many things going on? Do I need to lay off a few activities? Or perhaps, I just need to drink more coffee. After all a measly 2 cups in the morning is not nearly enough. Or perhaps I'm not drinking enough water, and that is affecting my ability to process and see situations clearly. Also, I really need to lay off of the carbs. I've been consuming way too many of those. And, of course, I haven't worked out consistently lately. My initial excuse was illness, but I can no longer play that card...That's it! That will solve all of my problems! More caffeine, but more water too. Less carbs, more protein. More workouts, less naps...*sigh* I feel so much better now that all of my problems are solved."

Then, at Bible study, this statement was made, "God did not call us to do everything, or many things. He called us to do a few things, and to do them well."

Well, piddle.

So. Here I am again, as I am so many seasons, wondering if I'm trying to do too many things. Reality is, I really don't think I'm trying to do too much. I think I just need to quit whining about what I do. After all, everyone is busy... And I want to serve the Lord. I really don't think he called me to a life of leisure.

Although, I always did dream of being a trophy wife...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How are you going to get that older husband????Huh? Hey part of your post prompted a memory of something I could write about!