Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dollhouse Update

Okay, so many of you are easily guilted. I'm much better today, and in wonderful spirits despite the tenor of the previous post. No, I don't expect calls from everyone. I'm terrible at remembering birthdays. Birthday cards are a waste of trees unless you are sending me money, in which case they are an essential....

But now on to the dollhouse. My niece Sarah spent the night with us, so I bullied her into helping me with it. After all, if she's going to give me zero sympathy about the detail work, and deadline aspect of it, the least she can do is pony up and help paint trim...


She actually saved my life by painting the roof trim and attic window sills that are right next to yellow paint, that I was scared to death of messing up. Thank you, Sarah. If you want to come back tonight and help me again tomorrow that would be lovely.


Guess what? I didn't actually have turquoise paint. However, I had several little jars of paint from an acrylic paint kit that I combined to create turquoise. It looked like so much paint...


Until I realized that it's nowhere near enough. Therefore, I will be going to Home Depot this evening to get a color match done. Dang....


If it doesn't match completely I will simply paint over the pieces I've already done. After all, sanding and priming is the hardest part.


Did you notice I'm even papering the walls? My sisters gave me the idea of using scrapbook paper (that would be when they were leaving me virtual birthday wishes in the form of comments on my blog or mentioning me in their blogs, or leaving me voicemails... But not calling. Just clarifying that....Oh, I'm wicked, wicked, wicked I know. I just couldn't resist.) I didn't have any turquoise except in plaid, or faux water. I didn't really feel that was Victorian era, so I went with the ones you see. Now my husband is nagging me because I don't plan to stain the floors.

Good grief.

Some people are never happy.

Ohmygosh!!! I just noticed the stack of prescription bottles in one of the pictures. All I can say is 4 of them are Studmuffins, 3 of which relate to his surgery, and one is for the dog. Jeez. We look like a bunch of blue hairs with all of those pill bottles sitting out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew, I feel so much better now! You know Molly is considering going to UCO (OCU, whatever it is in Edmond) so when Sarah is finished and moved on, back home, whatever, you will still have Molly to come do laundry at your house and help you with crafts! Aren't you glad?

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

That doll house is going to be so cute!

Hmmm . . . what ia a blue hair?