Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm FAMOUS!!!!

Well, sorta.

Okay, maybe famous is a bit of an exaggeration...

But, still, I'm officially on TV now.

Well, maybe not TV TV, but I'm on a website with TV in the name, and that's practically the same thing, right?

My hospital has a great new website called sharetheprayer.tv. I work at a Catholic hospital, and the emphasis on prayer is wonderful. I have been blessed to work with a Christian team where we say a prayer before we begin each procedure. The patients love it, we love it, and I really feel it gives our department a special peace and joy that I haven't experienced at other jobs.

We had Spirit Days on Wednesday and Thursday of this week, and they gave us the opportunity to share. Honestly, I wasn't going to share originally, but my friends convinced me to do it. It's not that I didn't know what to say, it's that I knew it was supposed to be a blip, and how do you narrow down why you believe in prayer? We all know I like to use 20 words when 5 would do. However, prayer is such a big part of my life, and I do believe it is very important, so I decided to whittle down my words and share....

And, no they didn't edit me. I was done so quick they started asking me questions which I was totally unprepared for, and I about panicked, but here it is...

Oh yeah, and just remember: The camera adds 50 pounds. And it was raining that day, so my hair was even scarier than usual. But that's all....

Here you go, Dear Reader: My debut to fame.

No comments: