Sunday, May 16, 2010

Playing Dress Up

The girls had a piano recital on Thursday. I was confused and thought it started 30 minutes earlier than it did.


Typical of me.

Well, since we had a few minutes to spare, and since I had actually came out with a cute outfit for myself, we had a photo shoot...


Sure, I could have used that time to pick up the house for 30 minutes, but where's the fun in that?


So, here's my ensemble.

Skirt: Off of the clearance rack 3 years ago from Kohl's. I had seen it in the spring and wasn't sure I liked it...So, when it went on clearance, I thought it was worth the purchase since I was still thinking about it.

Shirt: I bought it to layer under my scrubs at work. Turns out, it matches the skirt! At least, I think it matches. Please don't disillusion me. Thank you.

Shoes: White pumps that I bought for Easter.

Now, here's the real kicker. See that necklace? And that ring on my right index finger? Well, my mom was planning on getting rid of that jewelry from Avon. I used to wear it for dress up as a kid. The ring is even adjustable! Anyway, I nabbed them to let my girls use for dress up.
Of course, in typical mooch fashion, I nabbed them to wear for myself!

And... perhaps, I stuck my chest out a little far in this photo. Please understand there's nothing there but padded bra, so I'm not really sure what I was sticking out there!

Oh, and does it not bring back the whole bend and SNAP issue all over again?

P.S. I think I needed a camisole.

Crud. I wore that shirt to church today.

I am an idiot.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that you weren't sticking out that much at church. At least you better not had been!

Amy said...

Very, very nice. Oh, and I still have Doodlebug going through clothing that will be sent to you...

Anonymous said...

Looks way funner than cleaning! :) PS-you missed it! You were my comment of the week! Read my post "bless her heart"
Not that comment of the weeks is all that special.
:)

Sarah Kamolz said...

LOVE THE OUTFIT!

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

Yep. That's the first thing I thought when I saw your picture..."man that Andi is scandalous."
Cute skirt. And pumps. And shirt. And jewelry.
Dang, it would have been so much quicker to say "cute outfit."
:)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Marilyn said...

I am back. Hope that I get used to all of these new looks on this newer version of things. I can watch videos on this screen, maybe it is a little too large. Who said you could take that jewelry home with you. It looks pretty good. jsut kidding