Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Super Secret Recipe for Yogurt Cookies


Okay, we will start this post with a disclaimer: This recipe was born out of boredom and desperation for cookies...It is altered from an original recipe I received from a lovely woman I knew through the local used book store in Texas...I will place the original ingredients in italics out to the side, so you can do a taste test, if that floats your boat.

Yogurt Cookies

1 1/2 c sugar
2 c low fat raspberry yogurt (1 c crisco, 1 c plain yogurt & it says specifically not to use low fat or flavored)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 c flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt

Mix first 4 ingredients. Mix together dry ingredients and add to sugar mixture. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 until done, or about 10 minutes, depending on how big you make your cookies!

Icing
Softened butter ( 1 1/2 sticks)
powdered sugar (7c)
vanilla (1 Tbsp)
sprinkle of salt

Confession: Will you think less of me to learn that I never measure ingredients for icing? I just sort of mix and guesstimate until it is the right consistency/flavor for me...

Again, these cookies came out a tad spongy, but they are delicious and different nonetheless. Perfect for a cookie craving fit with only 3/4 stick of butter and no crisco to be seen in the house!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

From the mom who ate at least one dozen......They Are Soooo Delish.