Friday, September 9, 2011

More Pictures of Home


 I had so much to say about the 100+ photos I took at my parents last weekend, I decided to post some of them and share my thoughts.  Aren't you excited? 

I only have one beef with myself:  Why didn't Paula's family do pictures with my family?  Then we could prove that we were actually there behind the camera!

Anyhoo, let the dialogue begin...

Popcorn loves cats. And cats love her.  So much so that they are willing to go feed calves if it means another minute in her arms.  She is seldom without a cat if a cat is within reach.


 See what I mean?

 Two things about this picture:  
1.  I rotated it.  Why did blogger rotate it back?
2.  Is that my daughter in her dad's high school ball cap with a gun over her shoulder and a box of shells in her arms?
3.  How did this happen?

Yes.  That is three things.  I could not control myself.



I love this picture.  Minus the dead birds.  But I love it.  I love that my kids love their cousins and I love it that the dads in this picture are just overgrown children.

Apparently hunting near a farm pond is dirty business.  And apparently camo is not at all required to shoot dove when you are near one of the few sources of water in a drought.

 See the dove head at Kelsey's nose?  Yuck.
Aren't you glad I share all aspects of my life with you?


Why, hello Captain Morgan!
You teatotallers will not understand that comment.  
I'm okay with that.
However, I'm not at all sure that is how one spells tea totaller...teetotaler/tea totaler/I really don't know and am too lazy to look it up.


Dead Eye.  I love him.  I love this picture.  He looks so much like his dad.  And yet, I can see the resemblance to my brother in him too.  He is only 13 and he already passed my 5'8 frame.  I think he is going to be huge.

I tagged along one evening hunting.  I took pictures and "bird dogged" for Brent.
I lost three birds.  I discovered I was a little squeamish if the bird wasn't dead dead DEAD when I had to retrieve it.  Ick.
Again:  Aren't you glad to know the sordid details of my life?

This not so little lady was not at all sure what we were doing at HER watering hole.

Studmuffin is such a poser.  I love him for it.

Well, and because he's my husband and the father of my children and when I was pregnant he never let me scrub the tub as the fumes were bad for the baby and why did I ever start scrubbing it again???

Oklahoma is famous for sunrise and sunset.  Yet, I can never seem to capture the full beauty of it.
I think part of the beauty is the vast open spaces with flat land all around.
Anyway that's my theory.


See that bunch of trees?  They are one mile southeast of us.
Those trees were planted by my parents forty years ago.
They have lived in that very spot for forty five years.
I think.  The details are sketchy as I wasn't alive when they built that house.
But Dawn was.
She is oooooooolllld.
And she is dragging me along behind her.
She better fix whatever ails her before I get there.  She has twelve years to figure it out, and I'm counting on her.


Another photo that I rotated and blogger flipped back.
Studmuffin and Dead Eye with the second day's kill.
How gruesome is this picture?
I must really love my husband.

Oh, and he pointed out he still has few inches on Dead Eye.
For now.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I love the pictures. I love the story too . We all had a good time. Maybe next time I will be more involved.