Sunday, March 25, 2012

Some Gifts Actually Lead to Work

Don't you just love poppies?
Saturday I worked in the yard for most of the day.  I had to make a run to grab some compost for underneath one of our maple trees.  Nothing ever grows under that tree but grass.  As I removed grass for the third year in a row, this time by digging a few inches down...Naturally after removing the grass so many consecutive years, I decided I needed to fill in the hole.

So, I ran to the local material yard covered in dirt, then ran into Braum's for milk and some fresh fruit and veggies...

I hope nobody noticed the dirt under my fingernails.

Anyway, as soon as I pulled into our garage, Studmuffin told me to get myself down to our neighbors because they needed to thin out some plants.  My neighbors have a picture book garden with winding gravel paths, statues and fun surprises in every corner.  Basically it's the garden I fantasize about but have absolutely no time to maintain.

Let's see:  Iris, tulips, lilies and bridal wreath here.


One hour later I had more lilies, love in a mist, bridal wreath and iris than I knew what to do with!  Studmuffin tried to say that we could use the raised beds he built last year.  I am adamant that we WILL be successful with vegetables this year.  They certainly can't do any WORSE.

More iris and lilies.

And so Sunday afternoon I found myself doing the very thing I had said just the day before that I had no time for...Building new flower beds.  Ugh.  But what's a girl to do?  If you are going to GIVE me flowers I MUST plant them!

Love in a mist

So, here's a sneak peek of what I got accomplished...but this is only a very small peak mind you, as I actually started building a new flower bed. 

More iris and some sedum. 

Because I may possibly be insane.

4 comments:

Sarah Kamolz said...

HEY THAT'S AWESOME! Can't wait to see!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Except for the work part!

Freckled Hen said...

That looks great! Free plants are always a good thing!

The Accidental Housewife said...

Oh, free plants! Win!