Monday, February 11, 2013

Hashtag...Corned Beef? Cannabis? Conversation?

Another thought on #.  When I hear the word "hash" I think of corned beef and hash.  A not so wonderful dish my Grandmama Dolly liked to eat.  I ate it.

It was okay.

But not as good as her apple pie.

#ipreferanapplepiethankyouverymuch.

Also, "hash" brings to mind marijuana.  Or cannabis.  Whatever you will...

#thatisdopey

Or perhaps the phrase, "We still need to hash out the details." 

#shallwechat

But hashtag?

And speaking of #, why did it become the "pound sign?"  Why was it ever added to the phone?  What was the point?

I'm pretty sure the automated messages will soon sound like this:

Press 1 for English.

El primo dos para Espanol.

For twitterish press hashtag for any menu consisting of 140 characters or less.

#icrackmeup

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I say if you'e got facebook, why twitter? You can just check those statuses of people who twitter on facebook. And another thing--hashtags are supposed to keep you organized. I seldom see the same hashtag twice. So If I want to find out what you said earlier, I have to search for one of the 5000 hashtags you might have used.....bleh.