Sunday, February 8, 2009

$67.45

That's all it cost me. Yep, I've been hoarding my Christmas money, unwilling to spend it on eating out, groceries, or clothing for my children. I will simply repair their raggedy clothing so I can have some new for myself, thank you very much. And it paid off!! Wooooooo-hooooo!!!

What the heck is she talking about, you ask? Well, you see, we went to see my father-in-law in the hospital today. On the way home we had to stop by the mall to return an item for Studmuffin's aunt. I asked if I could go into JCPenney and take a peak. Studmuffin has been nagging me to buy myself some cl
othes, so of course he agreed! I hate shopping. It makes me thirsty and hungry and cranky. Not a good combo. Anyhoo, I obviously don't seek out shopping opportunities, quite the opposite in fact.

So, back to my point... I went into the big JCP, and found they
are having a 75% off sale. I got 4 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of shoes for $67.45! Can you believe that!? I'm still giddy. I swear, I could have found way more stuff, but from the time we hit the mall entrance I only had 45 minutes before we had to leave to be back in time for youth choir.

I got this lovely pair for $6.97. Yep. $6.97. Studmuffin arrived as I was frantically digging through the clearance rack (they had 2 racks of shoes at this price) along with about 30 other women. I had about 6 boxes of shoes stacked in my arms, along with my 4 pairs of pants. Picture me, teetering, digging, clutching, sweating, fighting the urge to shove the lovely little lady in front of me out of the way so I can see better. And her screaming child too. Could she just make it be quiet please? Better yet, could she just leave the store entirely? I'm on a mission....And it's important. My face is flushed. I'm short of breath. Veins are beginning to bulge on my forehead. My eyes are glazed over. I'm focused. Focused. Focused. One goal is in mind....Get shoes.

"What on earth is this?" Studmuffin asked, "It looks like a circus here. Why on earth do you have all those shoes?"

"Don't ask questions." I hand him a stack as I dig deeper. "Don't set those down, whatever you do!" Dear Reader, you understand, right? The cataclysmic event that may have occurred had he thoughtlessly sat those precious boxes down in the middle of a mob of shoe-thirsty women! Scratching. Biting. Clawing. Screaming..I shudder just thinking about it!

Men don't understand the danger that would pose. Some other woman might snatch them up, and then I would miss out! Well, I'd either miss out, or wrestle her to the ground and rip the box from her hands. But, I'm not sure that would be reflecting Christ. Instead, I was just grabbing every box I could to be perused at a safe distance from the mob. I'm pretty sure there's no scripture references to greed....Okay. So there is... But this is SHOES! Surely God doesn't apply that to shoes? Yes, after I actually opened the boxes, I immediately ruled out 4 pairs. But, I needed those options. My choices as a BFW are limited.

Confession: I have ginormous feet. Yep, I'm a BFW, a big-footed-woman. We won't even get into the nicknames my brother gave me regarding my feet as a child....And that was 2 sizes ago! It's hard to find my size period, much less on clearance, but I had found 6 pair!!!! SIX!!! And after I handed some of my burden off, I found one more pair. In fact the very pair you see above! Too cute! Too cheap! Gotta love them!

Alas, while the 1st pair were cute and cheap and I had to have them, they are high heels. They are not the most practical, and I happen to have not one single pair of brown shoes to wear with, well, anything! Unless, one includes flip-flops, which do not count, well, because....Now, I stand firm on this....FLIP FLOPS ARE NOT SHOES!!! But, that is a rant for another day. Or unless you count my snow boots...which are technically tan. And my deck shoes...which are not so relevant in real life as they were in theory....So, I have no brown shoes....I'm sticking to that story. Don't argue with me!!! This is my blog, therefore, it's my reality, and I don't need you nay-saying me! If you can't blindly agree with me that every girl always needs new shoes, you have no place in my blogosphere, so just move on out sister!!!!

Is she gone?

Good....

SO....I didn't have any brown shoes......

That is, until I found this second pair. Sadly, I had to pay $26.39. But, they started out at $45! So, still, a great deal! And, they are comfy! Once again....I had to have them!! Oh, happy day!

Don't hate me because I have cheap shoes......


3 comments:

Becky said...

Stop it...stop it... you are cracking me up! I love the shoes, especially the second pair. They are so cute and if I ever see you wearing them I will not hesitate to knock you down and rip them from your feet and keep them as my own... and I don't care if they are too big ;-)

Sarah Kamolz said...

Yay! Awesome! They are way cute!

Unknown said...

A girl can never have enough shoes....And I just want to know why you didn't get more stuff! Oh yeah, time!