Friday, May 8, 2009

Conversations with Bookworm

Bookworm had a scrimmage last night against a 10 and under softball team (she's on an 8 & under team.) On the way she said, "Are you sure I'm supposed to be in my uniform? If no one else has on theirs, I'm not getting out of the car."

I said, "Honey, if anyone asks why you have it on, then say, 'My mom doesn't know what she's talking about, she made me wear this.' But I think everyone will be wearing a uniform. How else will you know who's on your team?"

Okay, that was a dumb statement...It's softball...Either you're on the field or at bat. DUH.

Well, we pulled up to the field and all of the other team wore their uniforms, but nobody on her team was wearing one. A little girl named Haley (she has 4 Haleys on her team) ran up to her. The first words out of Bookworm's mouth were, "My mom made me wear my uniform," before the kid could even say "hello." Then she looked at me like I was the craziest person in the world.

I swear, I'm clueless as a mom sometimes....It's a burden I'm sure all moms must bear....

Or is it bare?

Bear?

Bair?

Heck...who knows. It's a burden that I have...I know I spelled that correctly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

'bear' with me! I'm sorry you're a dumb mom--it happens to the best of us......:)