Monday, May 11, 2009

Epiphany

Remember Holly? The sweet little puppy that is solely responsible for demolishing dang near everything in my yard? The same dog that will pull against the leash for TWO HOURS on a walk, and never stop pulling to the point that she gasps for air? The same dog that has eaten a perfectly lovely bush, dug up every flower bed she can get to, and the same dad gum dog that dumped out all of my planters and ate the roots of the clematis? It's all coming back to you now, right? Well, when we got home from our walk this evening, she was dashing around the yard like a mad thing, and she tripped over one of her own holes. She tumbled head over heels, and I gotta tell you Dear Reader, I laughed. Sweet justice....


Then this evening I was sitting on the couch watching "Dancing with the Stars," and I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye. It was a fairly normal sight. I saw Oliver, the cat climbing down from the roof of our house. Remember Oliver, aka, Lord Fluffy, The Big Fluffernutter, Sir Fluffalot?

Well, Oliver climbs up the gazebo frame on our back porch and perches on the roof where he surveys all of his domain...."Everything that touches the light, Simba, that is our territory." I know he is considering all that he surveys as his own...When he is finished observing his minions, he climbs back down the gazebo frame, drops very daintily to the ground and strolls away.

I chuckled to myself, and then I had a flash...A flash of Oliver climbing down that gazebo. The same gazebo with four plant ledges that I have planters with morning glories in. There is one pot in particular that has been dumped 3 times, when I finally gave up and left it half full of soil with no seeds or anything enticing to Holly to need to investigate. I've been trying to figure out how the heck she can reach the pots. At first I thought the chairs were too close. I figured she must be climbing on them, then getting to the pots. I moved all of the chairs far away from the pots. But the pot still got dumped...

I think that poor Holly is not guilty of this one crime. I think Mister Flufferpants is guilty of knocking down the pot on his way off the roof....Woops.

So, it seems Holly has been wrongly accused.

Do you know the life lesson to be learned here?

If you repeatedly commit crimes, eventually you will be held responsible for all crimes in your vicinity.....



After all, who the heck is going to think this big ole ball of fluff did anything ambitious?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe a cat with a name like Oliver would incriminate someone that looks like Holly!

Becky said...

LOL, Fluffernutter! I love big fluffy kitties :-D Even when they incriminate canines.

Marilyn said...

What do ya mean. Don't you remember Lucifer. Of course the cat would let the dog take the blame.

Stasi said...

:) A friend of mine spanked her son every Tuesday at 8:00 for changing the thermostat for almost 2 months before she thought it was odd that he changed it at the same time every week to the exact same temperature.