Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Studmuffin's Friend

Okay, before I begin, I must use the disclaimer that I have Studmuffin's full permission to write this post...

Studmuffin has a friend from work. He is from Tennessee (I think), and he has no family here. Consequently, he and my man do stuff together. Kevin is a nice guy, who has never been married, but he has a girlfriend, who seems to be very nice based on the third hand stories I hear from Studmuffin...

Anyhoo, they frequently lunch together, and fish together on the weekends, and have attempted to plan hunting trips, but have been unable to coordinate free time for the trip. Kevin's girlfriend works 2 jobs and is in college, so she literally only has one evening off a week, and of course Kevin sees her then. Since they're such great friends, it came as no surprise when Studmuffin called to say he'd be late getting home, because he was going with Kevin to look at a house Kevin is thinking of renting.

They got to the house, and the owners weren't there yet. They looked around, noted that lots of people were plenty of people riding bikes, walking, and jogging...All signs of a friendly neighborhood. It's an older neighborhood, well established with lots of trees and character. Most of the houses were in good condition, but as in all neighborhoods, you have the places where you wonder what the heck people are thinking...

So. They're both standing in the driveway, arms folded across their chest, legs spread, pelvis slightly forward...typical man stance, right? Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them spit a few times....

The neighbors next door were outside, and came over to introduce themselves. Studmuffin was keeping quiet. After all, he's not the one going to live there, so he was leaving the conversation up to Kevin.

Then, he started to tune into the conversation more, and thought to himself, "This conversation seems kind of weird." No sooner had he had the thought when he hears the prospective neighbor ask, "So, when do you two plan to move in?"

"Oh! OH NO! We're not gay! He's married with 2 kids, and I got a girlfriend. I mean, we like each other and all, but not that well....Yeah, sure we get together for lunch, and stuff, but we're just friends...." And Kevin's excuses just kept pouring out. Studmuffin was so shocked his jaw nearly hit the ground. Then, they both got tickled at the whole situation and started laughing like junior high boys. Complete with belly grasping and snorting...

When Studmuffin got home, he could barely wait for the girls to leave the table to tell me what happened. Only he finished with, "And guess what I was wearing? That turquoise shirt you bought me, that you swore wasn't gay!"

And then I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants...

BTW: That turquoise shirt is gorgeous. And he looks fabulous in it with his dark hair, eyes, and tan. So there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm dying laughing myself. Where's a picture of SM in his turquoise shirt? Heehee! this closely resembles Paula's story of Brad in the camper when someone thought he and a colleague were gay!