Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That's Pretty Measly.

Having the measles that is.

Yes, I was immunized.

When I moved to San Antonio they checked my immunity as new studies showed that adults needed boosters. I was not immune, so they gave me a booster.

I moved to Oklahoma. My hospital checked my immunity. Still not converted! So, they gave me a booster...

With no follow up.

Guess what? I apparently never converted!

So, here I sit, aching in my joints, red and blotchy skin, and running fever. The computer hurts my eyes. I get motion sick trying to read. The television is boring. I can't go to the library to check out books on tape.

I am bored.

I am pitiful.

I have nothing amusing to say about any of this.

I can't even Christmas shop online as I'm already getting a headache from this post!

Ridiculous.

9 comments:

Freckled Hen said...

I am so sorry for you! I don't know very much about the measles but it doesn't sound like much fun. I will keep you in my prayers, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Megan said...

That's terrible! Hope that you get well soon! And, the fact that the immunization and boosters didn't take sort of makes me want to live in a bubble... Praying for ya!

Paula said...

We are praying for you!

I agree with Megan on one hand, but on the other hand...isn't it amazing that we are constantly being exposed to these germs, yet most of us will never get the "yuck" because of our immunizations.

Anonymous said...

Oh, good lord! Hang in there.

Southern Gal said...

Oh no! Praying you're feeling better soon.

Marilyn said...

I am so sorry. Life isn't always fair is it. We are praying for you, and hope that you are over them soon. What about the rest of your family?

Allegro ma non troppo said...

How awful! Poor you. Tell you what - to cheer you up - I'm finally getting around to following your blog and adding you to my sidebar.

Feel better?

Andi said...

Why yes. That does indeed help me feel better...

Roni said...

Well, well! I just read this!! My goodness gracious! What won't you do to get out of Christmas Shopping! LOL! I'm so sorry to hear about your sickness - I'm hoping you are feeling better by now. I have no idea how the measles work - but if I don't see you tomorrow at church, I'll call to make sure you are still breathing! Take care and get better!