Friday, September 23, 2011

Dinner Conversation

Last night we had chili for dinner.  It was fabulous.

Side note:  Popcorn has gymnastics on Thursday.  She  eats a snack on the way there, and a snack on the way home, but watch out if dinner is not basically ready when we get home.  She is so hungry that she has total melt down if she has to wait even twenty minutes.  Home made pizza night has now moved to Wednesday night, for obvious reasons.

Back to topic:  The chili was good.  I really really really wanted a third bowl.  "I really want some more chili, but I am trying to resist."

"You are having an inner conflict," Bookworm informed me in all earnestness.

Where does she come up with this stuff?





By the way:  Happy Fall!

Oh, and after trying this trick, I googled it to figure out where the whole egg balancing thing began, and guess what?  You can do this every single day of the year!

Here's a Snopes link for your edification:
http://www.snopes.com/science/equinox.asp

6 comments:

Sarah Kamolz said...

wow! I don't think I've ever tried to balance an egg! Cool! I guess Popcorn gets the "starving bad mood" from us! Haha! Poor Jacob was subject to my Sunday morning "starving mood" this past Sunday before lunch :/

Freckled Hen said...

Happy fall to you! I'm glad it rained where you are, my daughter in TX says it's still pretty hot where she is.
Your daughter is so articulate! Is she right? Are you having an inner conflict?

Andi said...

I'm always having inner conflict...but it's usually just tied to food! :)

Unknown said...

That must have been some good chili! Oh, and I totally get the hungry daughter thing!

Marilyn said...

How sad that you can do that with an egg ant day of the year. I always thought it was a special equinox thing. Home made chili....Yummmm.

Unknown said...

Thank you sooo much for verifying your story with before printing it! :) As a librarian, that makes me smile, whatever story you're checking out! I'm grumpy too when I don't eat.