Can I get an AMEN?
I am out of funds for the month...Darn this envelope system...So instead of doing rainy day shopping, I will:
1. Clean house and light fall scented candles in every room.
2. Drag fall decorations one by one out of the attic. I hurt my darn back and don't dare carry down the box.
3. Place my pumpkins all about in my freshly cleaned home.
4. Make a giant crock pot of chili, enough to perhaps freeze for a busy day...Do any of you ever have chili left overs? No matter how much I think I make, it all seems to get eaten within a few days. My girls like to take it in a thermos for lunch.
5. Bake a double batch of ginger cookies. That should solidify that fall is in the air smell. Besides, Aunt Flo is in for a visit and she loves ginger cookies. She gets cranky when her needs aren't met, so hopefully that will help shut her up.
6. Do a yoga and pilates workout. I hurt my darn back a month ago moving a bed by myself at work that was older than Methuselah, and it didn't steer well. I keep having random flare ups of debilitating left flank muscular pain. I'm trying to build up my ab muscles and keep my hamstrings limber by doing plenty of core exercises.
Random fact: I keep calling it my right flank, but it is clearly my left. This comes from 15 years of flipping my right and left when charting on patients. You know, their left is my right...Sadly, I have now decided to call my right my left. It is quite embarrassing when I point at my brace my left flank and say, "The right side of my back is killing me."
But if that's the most embarrassing thing I do today, I will be doing great.
Do you know what Saturday was a great day for?
I wish I had taken a closer up photo...And as you can see, we got our fence up, and flaked out on finishing out the top rail.
But then, if we had all of our "to dos" done, what would we do?
Well, perhaps we would find SOMETHING to do.
And by the way: How beautiful is this girl? For the first time she is truly encountering "mean girl" syndrome. I am tempted to call certain girls by very bad names.
But I'm the adult. So I'm refraining.
What are your plans for Thursday?
P.S. My dog is scared of thunder storms. Either that, or she senses Popcorn is. We brought her in last night, knowing it was going to rain, and when it started lightning nearly nonstop she ran from room to room sniffing each of us, and finally went to sleep next to my 9 year old daughter's bed. At least that kept Popcorn from climbing in bed with me, which is the normal response to thunder and lightning!