Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm easily confused with ...

So I had to go to the doctor the other day. I had to give the receptionist my license and insurance card. "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Linda Carpenter in this picture?"

"I have a very generic face. Everyone says I look like someone they know...But never Linda Carpenter." I replied. And this is true...

So, I sat down to fill out my paperwork, and didn't give it much thought. Until I was strolling through Target. And then I thought, "Who the heck is Linda Carpenter? Wasn't she some sort of 70s folk singer? Do I look like a 70s folk singer? What does that say about my hair? My wardrobe? Or does she mean current Linda Carpenter, whoever she is? Do I look old? Maybe I need bangs to cover the giant crater that is appearing on my forehead..." And so on and on it went, until I had an epiphany....

Wait! I'm getting ahead of myself. The epiphany did not occur until the next day at work. A coworker said, "Hey Andi! Leslie and I were watching a show the other day, and we decided you looked like the girl....Who was it? Ummm, Oh Yeah! Have you ever seen Chelsea Lately?"

"What? I look nothing like her!" Notice I did know who this is, but I really don't see any resemblance there. Kristin then elaborated that they both think I make the same expressions as her....Considering I've only seen the show one time, I'll concede defeat on this one....

So, she and I started chatting (I love chatting, especially pointless chatter.) Her comment reminded me of the Linda Carpenter comment. Of course I shared with her (I also love sharing.) Then the epiphany came.....

Before I reveal the epiphany, I will tell you that we decided to google pictures of both and see what we found. Okay, let me say we were unable to do a fair comparison because it seems my hospital blocks viewing photos of Playboy centerfolds....

Yes. A Playboy centerfold....

But the OTHER lady, well, we were very very successful. Tell me if you don't agree, Gentle Reader. The resemblance...Well, I don't want to brag, but it's well.....It's ummm....Okay, just see for yourself. And prepare to be amazed.

Are you ready?





Are you sure?






Okay.





Here it is.



Now, I realize you will have to look very closely to tell which is me and which is Linda Carter.


Hint: Look for curly hair.

And freckles. But I refuse to tell you which of us is which. You just have to figure it out yourself.


Check out that lasso control!

Disclaimer: In no way was the real Linda Carter harmed in the making of this post....

And, oh yes, I did google a picture of Linda Carpenter for this post...I must say I personally feel there was no resemblance, other than dark hair. Her features are more...elfin? I don't know how else to describe it, but her other assets are also very different from me....Unfortunately, we were unable to do a comparison photo shoot. I felt her wardrobe was somewhat, errrr, lacking shall we say?

Another post note: Studmuffin tried to rein me in for this post. He said, "Now, you don't want to disgrace yourself!" Not disgrace myself?! Pshaw, I say! Where is the fun in that? And the hooker boots? Can you believe he tried to dissuade me from buying those too? Let me tell you, Studmuffin is the rain on my parade...Fortunately for you I carry an umbrella, and I have no shame. Click here to learn more about that....and here....and here. Honestly, there's probably more, but that's all I can remember for now.

Also, in hind sight, putting on hose may have added a certain element of....Well, non-albino-ness to this post. *sigh*

3 comments:

Sarah Kamolz said...

HAHA! You are definitely Wonder Woman!

Unknown said...

I am going to find the picture of me from stage make up for when I had to make myself look like a celebrity and it was...are you ready....Linda Carter! Can you believe it? Unfortunately I don not have a gold headband or boots to go along with you in the Wonder Woman theme. And I think the pictures are awesome, no matter what studmuffin says! Signed, The Prom Queen!

Marilyn said...

Well, Of Course you are!!!!!Who else could carry all of those buckets of water unless they are Wonder Woman or someone who lives in a Castle. Just be whoever you want to be.