Monday, August 31, 2009

Clarification for Yesterday's Post

Okay, reading some of your comments, I decided I may not have been as clear as I could have been. I do not and never will think that coffee or caffeine is a sin. The idea I was trying to convey was that it's pretty sad that I have unwavering dedication to coffee. It visibly transforms me. Isn't it sad that I don't allow God to do the same for me every single day? I only mentioned giving up coffee in reference to Sandy's idea to fast from certain items to bring her closer to God. Well, every time fasting pops into my head, coffee immediately comes to mind...So, I obviously don't fast!


I had Bookworm take a pic of me with my coffee for this evening before she headed out to play. It is absolutely gorgeous out, and I could barely get her to stop long enough to snap a photo. I want to go play too, but alas, I am exhausted. I picked up an extra shift today, and didn't sit down except the one time I peed, and I didn't even get a chance to eat anything! I punched out as "no lunch." I never do that, even when I don't get a true lunch, because I usually at least get to stop and eat a few bites of lunch every once in a while, so that while I may not have had a true 30 minute break, I at least got to eat! That was not the case today, and since I had picked up a shift to help out, and I didn't get to eat, and I barely got to leave in time to get my kids from school, I was not feeling generous. The hospital can pay me for that 30 minute lunch that I didn't get today, thank you very much!

So, I'm through rambling now. I'm off to sit on the porch and watch the kids play, then I'm making chili for supper tonight. These beautiful days have made me hungry for fall food. I'll be sitting, sipping my java, and refusing to get up and play jump rope with them today. I'm whipped. Ramble at ya later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure that coffee is not a sin!