Well, I was blessed with an award from The Lumberjack's Wife. She is a lovely mother with 4 children, and she has a great sense of humor. Go check her out here.
So, there are rules. I HATE rules. Unless the rules are important to me, in which case the rules are imperative and everyone simply MUST follow them, and if they don't follow them they are ridiculous. But, moving on, here are the rules:
I must list 10 things that make me happy and try to make at least one of them part of my day.
After that, I'm to pass the award on to 10 bloggers who brighten my day. The problem with this, as usual, is that I don't actually know 10 bloggers, as most of the bloggers I know are much higher on the echelon of blogging than I am, and they can't be bothered with the likes of me. Also, there's the fact that I don't tell a lot of people that I blog, because I'm afraid they'll think I'm more of a freak than they already know I am. Weird. I know.
So. Let's begin, shall we? I'll start with 10 things that make me happy...
1. I love that I am a child of God and can rest in the security of eternal salvation.
2. I love my Studmuffin who makes me laugh on a daily basis. Unless he's deliberately making me angry because he thinks it's cute. Of course I still love him, but I do not love when he deliberately tries to make me go berserk.
3. I love my kids. They give me more laughter than I ever thought possible from 2 little bodies.
4. Chocolate makes me happy. Specifically Godiva chocolate that Santa graciously put in my stocking makes me happy. The very same chocolate I refused to share with my children. Yet, Popcorn persevered in asking for some of it. Studmuffin said, "Give up, honey. There is no way your mom is going to part with a single piece of that chocolate." To which she promptly replied, "Hide and watch, Dad. Hide and watch." I laughed so hard I ended up giving her a bite.
Okay a nibble.
More like a sliver.
But still, parting with even a crumb of Godiva chocolate is a sacrifice of immense proportions!
5. Coffee makes me VERY happy. Hot, black, strong coffee. Coffee brewing and spreading it's pungent aroma through the entire house. I love the gurgle of the coffee as it brews. I love cupping the mug in my hands and holding it near my face with my eyes closed. It is truly an experience. Yes. I could go on and on and on about coffee. But, I will stop there. Just please believe me. I. Love. Coffee.
6. Naps. I love naps. I try to take one every Sunday. I used to take one every Wednesday too. Alas, that has to go by the wayside now that I'm working 4 days a week. Dang it...Wait! I won't dwell on that. That is not something that makes me happy, so moving on...
7. Books. Lots and lots and lots of books.
8. Kelsey. I love my dingo. Seriously, everyone should have a dingo. You can read all about them here. But you can read all about my dingo here. Oh, and I love Holly. Even if she makes me crazy. And of course, who can resist Oliver the garage cat?
9. Hot baths. Long hot baths go well with books, chocolate, and even coffee! And naps! Hey, you can combine a lot of the things that make me happy with a long hot bath. Except a dog. And kids. And Studmuffin. My baths are to be alone. That's just the way it has to be.
10. And finally, I LOVE BLOGGING!
So. There you go. 10 things that make me happy.
Now, for the hard part. Ten friends to pass this happiness award on to. Let's see. I'll choose
#1. Dawn. She's my sister. So you know she is hilarious. Of course, she's craftier and more organized, but hey, in spite of those things, she's still pretty hilarious.
#2. Mom. She's pretty funny too. Of course, we had to learn our story telling and sense of humor somewhere! I guess she probably deserves some credit for that...
#3. Sarah. She's my niece. She's a photographer. She runs late most of the time. She is beautiful. And, of course, funny. And you should totally contact her for your next photo needs.
#4. Sandy. She's a blogging friend who inspires me to stop and listen to God's voice. She is great for encouraging you to remember that God is still speaking to us today, we just need to listen.
#5. Southern Gal. I haven't gotten to know her well. Of course, we only met through blogger land, but her posts make me smile, and she could use a pick me up since her son has pneumonia!
#6. Becky. I miss Becky. She doesn't blog much any more, but she is still my bloggy friend. Even if she is a trekky. I love her anyway. How can you not admire a woman who has 4 children, homeschools, and works at a pizza parlor to help out with finances? Talk about heroic!
#7. Heidi. She will make your jaw drop and you will laugh your socks off. She is the Milk Man's Wife. She makes me miss farm life. Seriously. You can learn tons from this lady. Check her out.
Hmmm. That's it. It's not 10, but I'm impressed I came up with 7! Have a wonderful day! And now, I'm going to bed. Good night.